Choosing A Preschool Questions
Selecting A Preschool: Important Questions To Ask
- How will this school help my child and my family transition into a preschool setting?
- How do you help children when they are missing their parents?
- How does this school create a sense of community for families?
- How does this school involve parents in their child's preschool experience?
- How do you select your teachers?
- What is your approach to balancing academics, social skill development, and emotional growth?
- Does the school require my child to be potty trained? How will you work with us to support this goal?
- What is the class size and the reasoning behind it? How many students per teacher?
- How is your preschool day structured for the children? How are children prepared for changes in routine?
- Who will be involved in my child's day at school?
- Are creative arts such as music, visual arts, and movement incorporated into the program?
- Will my child interact with the same core group of children each day to build community and trust?
- Does your program have connected or alternating days, and why?
- How do you deal with conflicts between children?
- Will this school offer counseling and support to meet my family's changing needs throughout the school year?
- How are birthdays celebrated?
- Are holidays celebrated at this school?
- How do you help children understand difference between children, culturally or otherwise?