Junior and Senior Preschool
Allen Creek offers preschool classes for 3 and 4 year old children. Allen Creek's preschool programs build on each child's experience of a widening world to nurture social, academic, motor, creative and personal skills. A small class size (6:1 ratio) with two classroom teachers and a creative arts specialist allows for an individualized learning experience. A gradual separation process promotes comfortable independence in a secure, loving environment. The Junior Preschool class is designed for children aged 3 and the Senior Preschool class for children aged 4.
Each class has Family Consultants and our Child Development Director as expert resources about child development. Parents meet as a group two Wednesday evenings per month with the Family Consultants, who also observe in the classroom and meet weekly with teachers. Children and parents at Allen Creek are encouraged to separate at their own pace, supported by teachers and Family Consultants.
Preschool Program Goals
Pleasure and Pride in Learning
- Confidence in trying hard and in seeking help when needed
- Ability to learn from teachers
- Increased social skills with children and adults
- Growth in self-care skills
- Mastering feelings
- Preparation to thrive socially and academically in elementary school
Goals for Parents in the Preschool Programs
- Teamwork with teachers
- Enjoyment of child's independent learning
- Increased understanding of developmental processes
- Greater satisfaction and feeling of effectiveness as a parent