Parent-Toddler Transitional Classes
We are offering two Transitional Toddler Classes for the 2017-18 school year. One class is designed for children turning 2 during the first part of the school year, and the other for those younger. Both classes offer the opportunity for parents to work on the separation process in a supported fashion, gradually leaving the classroom as they and the child are ready.
The Goals of Allen Creek's Parent-Toddler Programs include:
- Pleasure in the mastery of everyday school and self-care routines
- Enjoyment in learning, playing, creating, cooperating, and socializing
- Using words to understand and manage feelings
- Experiences of success, building self-esteem for parent and toddler
- Parental understanding of the developmental process
- Increased parental satisfaction in assisting the child's intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth
- Preparation for preschool
Family & School Partnership
Experienced teachers provide interesting and age-appropriate activities for a small group of parents and toddlers. Parents and toddlers spend this special time together in a school environment that facilitates mutual understanding and pleasure in mastery. Each class in Allen Creek's Parent-Toddler Program has a Family Consultant as a resource regarding child development. Parents, teachers, and Family Consultants work together to provide an optimal school experience for each individual child and family.