Allen Creek offers two Toddler Classes and a music & story hour for younger children. Our Parent-Toddler class is designed for children turning 2 during the first part of the school year, and the Transitional Toddler class for those older (already two at the start of the school year). The Transitional Toddler Class offers the opportunity for parents to work on the separation process in a supported fashion, gradually leaving the classroom as they and the child are ready.
The Goals of Allen Creek's Parent-Toddler Programs include:
- Pleasure in the mastery of everyday school and self-care routines
- Enjoyment in learning, playing, creating, cooperating, and socializing
- Using words to understand and manage feelings
- Experiences of success, building self-esteem for parent and toddler
- Parental understanding of the developmental process
- Increased parental satisfaction in assisting the child's intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth
- Preparation for preschool
Family & School Partnership
Experienced teachers provide interesting and age-appropriate activities for a small group of parents and toddlers. Parents and toddlers spend this special time together in a school environment that facilitates mutual understanding and pleasure in mastery. Each class in Allen Creek's Parent-Toddler Program has a Family Consultant as a resource regarding child development. Parents, teachers, and Family Consultants work together to provide an optimal school experience for each individual child and family.
Stories & Songs for Little Ones
Join Allen Creek teacher Katie Chappell-Lakin for an hour of participatory stories and songs. Take the time with other parents and caregivers to share books and music with your children up to 16 months, learn new songs, and discover interesting authors and illustrators. Older siblings are welcome, but the focus will be on the youngest ones. REGISTER HERE